Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 125 Antworten
und wurde 6.112 mal aufgerufen
 Das neue eltonjohnfan.de Forum
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Rocket Girls Offline

08.07.2012 11:00
#61 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...4 Jahren spielte Elton im Konstanzer Bodenseestadion ein hammer Konzert:

Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
The Bitch Is Back
Madman Across The Water
Tiny Dancer
Levon
Believe
Take Me To The Pilot
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Daniel
Rocket Man
Honky Cat
Sacrifice
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
I Guess That´s Why They Call It The Blues
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Candle In The Wind
Bennie And The Jets
Philadelphia Freedom
I´m Still Standing
Crocodile Rock
Saturday Night´s Alright For Fighting
Pinball Wizard
Your Song

Elton John - How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Rocket Offline

31.08.2012 14:20
#62 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

Heute vor 15 Jahren ist Prinzessin Diana gestorben!

Elton John - He´s been touching our hearts!

ejfan Offline

27.10.2012 16:00
#63 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...37 Jahren:
ELTON JOHN SELLS OUT TWO DODGER STADIUM SHOWS
by: Doug Fox - Friday, October 26, 2012

On Oct. 25 and 26, 1975, Elton John performed two sold-out shows at Dodger stadium in Los Angeles. Imagine for a moment what it would be like if one of those was the first rock concert you ever went to. Now, meet our new friendDoug Fox, who was indeed just that lucky, and is here to tell us all about it:
Hit up any rock fan and you’ll find that almost all of them still proudly wear their first concert like a badge of honor. As the veteran of hundreds of shows over the years, I’m certainly no exception — just fortunate enough to have initially plugged into a lifelong love of live music by attending one of rock’s most historical concerts.
It was 37 years ago today that Elton John performed the second of his back-to-back, career-defining sellout concerts at Dodger Stadium. Unless one actually lived through that time period, it’s almost impossible to imagine just how big a phenomenon John was in 1975. He was littering the rock landscape with hit after hit en route to delivering a couple No. 1 albums per year. His concerts, complete with outrageous costumes and stage antics, were already the stuff of legend.
Similar to the scene in Cameron Crowe’s rock biopic ‘Almost Famous’ where Frances McDormand’s character nervously drops her young, sheltered son off at his first concert, so I recall my mother, with much trepidation, depositing our group of three off in front of Dodger Stadium — but not before reconfirming that we had enough change in our pockets to call her from a pay phone for a ride home following the show.
After opening sets by Emmylou Harris and the James Gang, which featured soon-to-be Eagle Joe Walsh, Elton took the stage in grand fashion. He opened the show with a soulful solo rendition of ‘Your Song,’ with the opening piano notes preceding the rise of the curtain, and his piano starting at the back left of the stage and slowly moving to the front as the song progressed.
After another solo number, ‘I Need You to Turn To,’ he was joined onstage by his band, which had recently been revamped from his classic lineup. He played a 10-song opening set that featured several album tracks before returning in a sequined Dodger uniform for a hit-laden second set that also heavily highlighted his No. 1 album from five months earlier, ‘Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.’
There were special appearances by tennis star Billie Jean King (she sang backing vocals for ‘Philadelphia Freedom’) and John’s partner in rhyme, lyricist Bernie Taupin, and ‘Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me’ seemed perfectly timed with the sunset outside the stadium on that typically beautiful Southern California Sunday.
John ended up playing 31 songs in a three-hour-plus performance that spoiled me for years, naively assuming, as I did, that every artist must play for a similar length of time on such a grand scale. Obviously, that wide-eyed 15-year-old still had a lot to learn in the way of concerts. In the subsequent 37 years, I’ve had the opportunity to interview a couple members of Elton’s core band and see him in concert seven additional times — but somehow none quite compare with that afternoon at Dodger Stadium.
Maybe it’s a first-time thing.

Elton John Dodger Stadium Oct. 26, 1975 Setlist:

First set
‘Your Song’
‘I Need You to Turn To’
‘Border Song’
‘Take Me to the Pilot’
‘Dan Dare’
‘Country Comfort’
‘Levon’
‘Rocket Man’
‘Hercules’
‘Empty Sky’
Second set
‘Funeral For a Friend’
‘Love Lies Bleeding’
‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’
‘Bennie and the Jets’
‘Harmony’
‘Dixie Lily’
‘Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy’
‘Bitter Fingers’
‘Someone Saved My Life Tonight’
‘The Bitch is Back’
‘Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me’
‘Meal Ticket’
‘Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds’
‘I Saw Her Standing There’
‘Island Girl’
‘Philadelphia Freedom’
‘We All Fall in Love Sometimes’
‘Curtains’
Encore
‘Tell Me When the Whistle Blows’
‘Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting’
‘Pinball Wizard’

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 !cid_E0B20EA5-37D5-4118-91E1-3FDF4B04DF03@hsd1_ma_comcast_net.jpg 
ejfan Offline

07.05.2013 20:17
#64 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

..45 Jahren ist Elton bei Bluesology ausgestiegen:
1968: Reginald Dwight quit the band Bluesology but took some of it with him as he adopted part of the names of the band members, Elton Dean and Long John Baldry, to form his new name: Elton John…
Gute Entscheidung, Elton!! :D

Rocket Girls Offline

07.05.2013 22:42
#65 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

... 40 Jahren hat Elton im Château d'Hérouville mit seiner Band Funeral for a friend, Love lies bleeding, Bennie and the Jets und Candle in the wind aufgenommen

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 Unbenannt.JPG 
Rocket Girls Offline

13.05.2013 12:57
#66 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

Heute vor 20 Jahren fand das Konzert "Charity in Court" statt

Disc One:
01 - Pinball Wizard
02 - The Bitch is Back
03 - Take Me to the Pilot
04 - I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues
05 - Philadelphia Freedom
06 - Empty Garden
07 - Simple Life
08 - The One
09 - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
10 - Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters Parts 1 & 2
11 - Come Down in Time
12 - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
13 - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
14 - The Last Song

Disc Two:
01 - Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
02 - Rocket Man
03 - Bennie and the Jets
04 - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
05 - The Show Must Go On (Queen cover)
06 - Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting)
07 - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
08 - Jumping Jack Flash (Stones cover)
09 - Your Song
10 - Sacrifice
11 - Candle in the Wind

DanDare Offline

14.05.2013 08:07
#67 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

... 30 Jahren kletterte der FC Watford (als Aufsteiger) am letzten Spieltag
der englischen Liga (die seit 1977 mit drei verschiedenen Teams ununterbrochen
Europas Champions gestellt hatte) durch einen 2:1 Sieg über den bereits
feststehenden Meister aus Liverpool sensationell auf Platz 2 der Tabelle.

DanDare Offline

29.06.2013 14:14
#68 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

... 10 Jahren wurde einer der überflüssigsten Auftritte im deutschen Fernsehen ausgestrahlt, nämlich Eltons
Playback-Version von "Rocket Man 03" im Rahmen eines Werbespots für einen bayerischen Automobilkonzern.

ejfan Offline

30.06.2013 10:13
#69 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

36 Jahren minus zwei Tage wurde Elton Präsident von Watford F.C.

ejfan Offline

29.08.2013 17:50
#70 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...23 Jahren hat sich Elton auf Entzug begeben http://www.ampya.com/news/Aktuell/Elton-...k-ein-SN100714/
Ob das Datum genauso passt, könnte aufgrund der anderen eher zweifelhaften Informationen auch fraglich sein. Ungefähr müsste es zumindest hinkommen:)

Rocket Girls Offline

02.09.2013 10:53
#71 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...4 Jahren ist Guy Babylon gestorben :(

ejfan Offline

05.10.2013 16:45
#72 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...40 Jahren wurde Goodbye Yellow Brick Road veröffentlicht. Und der deutsche Rolling Stone hat nen Riesenknall: http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/rewin...brick-road.html

Pinky Offline

05.10.2013 17:03
#73 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

Leider wird mal wieder verhindert, dass man kommentiert auf der Seite. Deshalb das, was ich gerne dort geschrieben hätte, hier:
Und ist es nicht bemerkenswert...
... dass selbsternannte Wächter guten Musikgeschmacks es auch vierzig Jahre später nicht lassen können, sich an dieser mittlerweile mächtigen Eiche innerhalb der Musiklandschaft zu schubbern? Glücklicherweise sagt der Artikel mehr über das verzweifelte "Wir sind wichtig"-Getue des Rolling Stone aus als über dieses großartige und abwechslungsreiche Werk, das vierzig Jahre später immer noch frisch klingt.

Und DAS hier habe ich ihnen bei Facebook reingeschrieben:
Hat Elton John Herrn Döring irgendwann mal den Freund ausgespannt, oder warum ist das Ganze so ein wichtigtuerisches Um-sich-Kratzen? Traurig, das Album hat den Test der Zeit eigentlich sehr gut überstanden (Und nein, ich finde Candle In The Wind unerträglich, in die Richtung muss nicht gezickt werden).

------------------------
Back to the howling old owl in the woods , hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies beyond the yellow brick road...

ejfan Offline

05.10.2013 19:08
#74 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

Ein Bravo für beide Varianten! :)

ejfan Offline

11.10.2013 18:55
#75 RE: Heute vor... Antworten

...16 Jahren: Candle In The Wind 1997 wird die erfolgreichste Single aller Zeiten. Und wieder gibt's was dazu im deutschen Rolling Stone. Diesmal zwar ohne die übliche Arroganz und Möchtegern-Wichtigtuerei, aber doch eher zweifelhaft "recherchiert":
"Elton John...beschließt daraufhin als Tribut eine Neuaufnahme seines 1973er-Hits "Candle In The Wind". Dabei nimmt er leichte Änderungen im Text vor"
http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/rewin...ler-zeiten.html

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz