Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 2.900 Antworten
und wurde 77.505 mal aufgerufen
 Das neue eltonjohnfan.de Forum
Seiten 1 | ... 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | ... 194
ejfan Offline

29.04.2010 20:24
#1141 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Und hier ein Artikel;-)

Elton John: Ryan White Turned My Life Around
APRIL 29, 2010
INDIANAPOLIS — Elton John says he's been sober for 20 years, since shortly after the death of an Indiana teen with AIDS who the musician credits with inspiring him to turn his life around.

John was in Indianapolis on Wednesday to headline a benefit celebrating the life and legacy of Ryan White. The 18-year-old died on April 8, 1990, about five years after contracting HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, through a tainted blood transfusion to treat his hemophilia.

The singer befriended the boy during his public battle for acceptance after he was banned from a central Indiana school at age 13, bringing national attention to HIV/AIDS education and the plight of children with HIV in the 1980s. John was at Riley Children's Hospital when White died and was a pallbearer and performed at the funeral.

"It was one of the greatest things in my life to meet Ryan's family, to be there the last week to try and help, and then for that wonderful message that he gave me to change my life around," John told The Associated Press before the Wednesday evening benefit. "It was weird to take stock and think of it – I'm 20 years sober this year, and it's 20 years since Ryan died, because I got sober shortly afterward."

Proceeds from the event, which was being hosted by Phil Donahue, will benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation and the Indianapolis Children's Museum's "Power of Children" exhibit, which features White.

John established the foundation two years after White's death. The organization funds innovative HIV prevention and education programs, works to eliminate stigma and discrimination associated with HIV/AIDS, and provides direct care and support services for patients.

The 20-year anniversary of White's death is an opportunity to restart a dialogue about AIDS and push for educating children about the disease, John said.

"Every 10 years, a new generation of kids come up, and we see the numbers go up, because we can't really get to them in school," John said. "We never could. Education about sex and education about AIDS was totally forbidden. That could have saved so many more lives, because children are smart. Children will listen. You don't have to threaten children, you just have to inform them."

"It took a child to die to make people sit up and notice," he added.

White's mother, Jeanne White-Ginder, said John's return to Indianapolis was a bittersweet reminder of her son's last days.

White-Ginder said John played "secretary" during White's final days, filtering phone calls and telegrams and making sure those who sent flowers were acknowledged.

"One of the most beautiful scenes I think I can remember is walking into Ryan's room and seeing Elton standing on a chair decorating Ryan's room," White-Ginder said Wednesday. "He said, 'When he wakes up, I want him to know how much he was loved.' That really touched me as a mom because I hadn't thought to do that."

She said it was special to have John back to mark the 20th anniversary of her son's death.

"I've always felt like he was my guardian angel," she said.

John gives similar credit to White-Ginder, and to the family that helped him find purpose.

"Jeannie's incredible fortitude in going through this as a mother – I never saw her crack. The last week, there were some tense moments, and it was very emotional, but I never saw Ryan crack," John said. "It was just an amazing lesson in how to live life in the best possible way."

TammyEltonFan Offline

30.04.2010 08:00
#1142 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier sind zwei schöne Videos von Eltons Rede beim Ryan White Tribute (leider hab ich Part 1 bisher nicht gefunden). Die Rede ist echt toll, zeigt wieder einmal wie dankbar er für die zweite Chance, die er im Leben bekommen hat, ist.
Beim ersten Video ca. ab 2:35 wird`s auch mal richtig lustig, ich musste so lachen .

Elton, My Elusive Drug

Liiischen2307 Offline

30.04.2010 09:40
#1143 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Allgemein zu dieser Rede fällt mir nur eins ein: WOOOW!!!! Dieser Mann hat es echt drauf, super starke Rede.

ich habe auf dem boden gelegen im ersten Teil.. Richtig lustig unglaublich :D, aber super gelöst finde ich :D

Danke für die videos tammy :)

TammyEltonFan Offline

30.04.2010 18:00
#1144 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier ist nochmal ein sehr schönes Video darüber. Nur schade, dass man Skyline Pigeon nicht komplett hören kann.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ryan-whi...s-life-10507851

Elton, My Elusive Drug

ejfan Offline

30.04.2010 19:59
#1145 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier gibt's noch mehr von Elton's Rede http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/elton-joh...e-saved-my-life
Jaaaaaa, mich hätt's auch fast zerrissen, als ihm Simba einfach nicht einfallen wollte=)=) Liegt aber nicht unbedingt an seinem Alter; spreche da aus eigener Erfahrung xD

Auch die beiden anderen Videos mit Jeanne White sind absolut sehenswert!!

JumpUp Offline

01.05.2010 06:11
#1146 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Ich habe gelesen, dass gestern in Reading John Mahon sein 1000. Konzert hatte

TammyEltonFan Offline

01.05.2010 10:30
#1147 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier ist nochmal ein wunderschönes Video von der Ryan White Veranstaltung. Erst singt er Candle in the wind, ab ca. 4:40 muss man dann ein Tachentuch bereit haben.... da sagt er noch einie sehr bewegende Sätze. Danach singt er Skyline Pigeon, GÄNSEHAUT PUR!!! Ähm, was er über Skyline Pigeon sagt, versteh ich nicht so ganz.... er hätte es vor etwa 3 Jahren bei der Trauerfeier eines seiner Patenkinder gesungen?? Hab ich da was verpasst oder hat Alzheimer bei mir zugeschlagen?

Elton, My Elusive Drug

JumpUp Offline

02.05.2010 20:44
#1148 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

http://www.eltonfan.net/cgi-bin/news/vie...e&tmpl=viewnews

Da könnte ich schon wieder das Kotzen bekommen :((

Tommy Offline

02.05.2010 20:52
#1149 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Da hast Recht,die lernens wohl nie,Gruß Thomas.

MissEltonJohn Offline

03.05.2010 19:00
#1150 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

@Tammy: SUPER VIDEOS (wieso kenn ich die nich???????????!!), echt total toll und schön!!!

TammyEltonFan Offline

05.05.2010 08:02
#1151 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Es gibt neue Fotos:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search...=elton%20john#1

http://www.daylife.com/search?q=elton+john

Sind alle von der Veranstaltung hier:
NEW YORK - MAY 04: Sir Elton John attends the 2010 TIME 100 Gala at the Time Warner Center on May 4, 2010 in New York City.

Elton, My Elusive Drug

Rocket Girls Offline

05.05.2010 13:10
#1152 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Und hier ist ein kurzes Video darüber:

Elton - Our One and Only

JumpUp Offline

07.05.2010 21:42
#1153 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hat einer von euch mal die Podcasts über "Elton John" im Itunes Store angeschaut? Da gibt es von Capital Gold einige sehr unbekannte Interviews. Gratis. Total klasse

wali Offline

08.05.2010 11:00
#1154 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier ist das video von Elton mit dem Jungen in Des Moines:
http://www.eltonjohn.com/video/

TammyEltonFan Offline

09.05.2010 08:34
#1155 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Es gibt wieder neue Gerüchte um Elton und American Idol:

They believe he would bolster ratings, which have slumped since Cowell said he was quitting after the current ninth season.

Sir Elton, 63, rejected overtures from Fox TV when it offered him the job in January. Last week, however, he met executives again while in New York for the Time magazine 100 gala in honour of the most influential people of the year. They are believed to have offered him more than the £22million a season they pay Cowell.

Idol bosses have been longing to lure Sir Elton back since he rounded on Cowell and the other judges for booting off eventual Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson.

Executives were exultant over the ratings-boosting uproar. One of the show’s 20 producers said: “Everyone loves Sir Elton. As well as being outspoken, he has an air of gravitas as an icon of the music industry.

“He’s British too. Having Sir Elton on board would be a guaranteed ratings blockbuster all over the world.”

The show’s audience has fallen since Cowell said he was quitting to launch a US X Factor.

Sir Elton is still a crowd pleaser. Fans loved his haunting performance of Your Song on the annual Idol Gives Back charity fundraiser, which helped to raise millions for Feeding America, Malaria No More, the Children’s Health Fund and United Nations Foundation.

Another senior Idol insider said: “Part of the pitch to get Sir Elton on board was that the show can become an even bigger fundraiser for various charities. We’re barely more than a cat’s whisker away from getting ink on paper.”

Elton, My Elusive Drug

Seiten 1 | ... 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | ... 194
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz