Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 2.900 Antworten
und wurde 77.590 mal aufgerufen
 Das neue eltonjohnfan.de Forum
Seiten 1 | ... 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | ... 194
JumpUp Offline

31.01.2010 08:06
#946 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Falls es jemanden interessiert. In dem Interview gibt Mahon 1973 als das Jahr an, in dem er von der High School abging. Somit müsste er jetzt etwa 55 Jahre alt sein.

Das wundert mich sehr, da ich ihn für mind. 10-15 Jahre jünger geschätzt habe

ejfan Offline

31.01.2010 09:05
#947 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Geht mir genauso und konnte es einfach nie glauben, dass er die 50 überschritten haben soll. Aber nach dem Interview bzw. dem Bericht hier geht's eigentlich nicht anders. Oder er ist mit 8 von der Schule und hat mit 15 geheiratet=)

LOUISVILLE —
It was no hollow cliche Friday morning when John Mahon told a gymnasium full of St. Thomas Aquinas High School students that dreams do come true.
A 1973 Aquinas graduate, Mahon played drums in the school’s marching band, concert band and jazz band and sang in the choir.
After school, Mahon spent countless hours in his bedroom listening to rock ’n’ roll records, studying album covers and music magazines and dreaming about playing concerts in front of 50,000 people and traveling the world.
Since 1997, Mahon has done all of the above, touring frequently as a member of Elton John’s band, in which he is a backing vocalist and percussionist. He has performed about 700 shows with Elton to date.
“I’ve been around the world a couple of times, sometimes on his private jet,” Mahon said. “Sometimes it is the glamorous rock ’n’ roll lifestyle, but it’s also a lot of work.
“Aside from the actual shows, which are 2 1/2 hours long, the rest of my day is airplanes, buses, vans, checking into hotels and that constant search for a good cup of coffee.”
Mahon was among three Aquinas graduates honored as distinguished alumni in a program at the school Friday morning. Colette Gibbons (1969) and Kelly Kelleher (1976) also were recognized. Ron Chessler, the freshman football coach, was lauded for his distinguished service.
Mahon spoke warmly of his formative years in Canton.
“The first thing I was in musically was the Canton Police Boys Club drum-and-bugle corps,” he recalled. “My dad (Joseph) was a policeman and he took my brothers and I there when I was 13. My brothers picked horns and I picked drums.”
After high school, Mahon played in a succession of local bands — Constellation, Sneeze, Punch, Hard Times — that veered from R&B to jazz-rock to top-40. “We played King Arthur’s, the Cabaret, all the local places,” he said.
In 1980, Mahon married Pam Tortola, a fellow Aquinas grad, and in 1983 they made the brave decision to move to Los Angeles, encouraged by a musician friend of Mahon’s who already lived there. “We sold everything we owned, packed up our little Toyota pickup truck and drove out there cold,” Mahon said.
Mahon gradually gained his career footing in the L.A. music scene, touring with Al Stewart, Peter White, Rita Coolidge and Helen Reddy, doing studio work, and playing with his own band, the Stickmen. “I wasn’t just a drummer. I was always a singing drummer,” Mahon said. “That’s what’s really kept me working.”
In 1997, a musician friend who was playing in Elton John’s band arranged for Mahon to audition with Elton’s bandleader Davey Johnstone. “I auditioned and Davey said, ‘This is really good, you’ve got the gig. We’re going to rehearse in Nice, France, for three days and that’s where you will meet Elton.’ ”
Before meeting Elton for the first time, “I was a nervous wreck as you can imagine,” Mahon said. “But he was very cordial. He came right up and introduced himself. He was friendly, open, asked me a lot of questions. He must’ve liked me because I’m still here.”
Asked about the biggest shows he’s played with Elton John, Mahon listed the Coliseum in Rome for more than 200,000 people, Hyde Park in London for a half-million people, the Carnivale in Rio De Janeiro for 100,000 people, Wembley Stadium for 80,000, and a five-night stand at Madison Square Garden.
“It’s funny, I can play in front of 50,000 people and I could care less,” Mahon said. “But I have to do this thing at St. Thomas, playing in front of a few of my peers, and I’m a nervous wreck.”
His wife flies to join him when she can. “She’ll come to London, Paris, New York, Rome,” he said. “She knows which ones to pick — the good shopping cities.”
So what does it feel like playing in Elton John’s band in a sold-out arena?
“There’s plenty of nights when you are exhausted with jet lag from all the traveling,” Mahon said. “But as soon as you hit that stage and the people start going off, all that stuff goes right out the window. You are completely in the moment. It fuels you.”

wali Offline

31.01.2010 10:11
#948 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier habt ihrs..xD
ich hab's auch nicht geglaubt

Rocket Girls Offline

01.02.2010 16:25
#949 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier sind ein paar coole Bilder von Eltons Auftritt bei der Grammy Verleihung.

Sir Elton John - Our One and Only

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 Gr .jpg  Gr 1.jpg  Gr 2.jpg  Gr 3.jpg  Gr 4.jpg  Gr 5.jpg  Gr 6.jpg  Gr 7.jpg  Gr 8.jpg  Gr 9.jpg 
Rocket Girls Offline

01.02.2010 16:27
#950 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Hier gibt es noch mehr.
Allerdings mit Wasserzeichen.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search...assetType=image

Rocket Girls Offline

01.02.2010 16:33
#951 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

... und noch ein paar ohne Wassezeichen ;-)

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 Gr 10.jpg  Gr 11.jpg  Gr 12.jpg  Gr 13.jpg  Gr 14.jpg  Gr 15.jpg  Gr 16.jpg  Gr 17.jpg  Gr 18.jpg  Gr 19.jpg 
wali Offline

01.02.2010 18:07
#952 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

hier gibts 13 rieeesige fotos..
draufklicken und sie werden riesig!

http://the-fame.org/displayimage.php?album=480&pos=2

TammyEltonFan Offline

02.02.2010 08:20
#953 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Wow, DANKE!!! Die sind ja echt riesig.

Elton, My Elusive Drug

Rocket Girls Offline

02.02.2010 09:52
#954 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Super!!! Danke wali !!!

TammyEltonFan Offline

02.02.2010 16:37
#955 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Schaut mal, Elton wird wohl demnächst wieder mit Lady Gaga zusammen auftreten:

NEW YORK - Elton John scheint ein großer Fan von Lady GaGa zu sein. Denn nach dem gemeinsamen Auftritt bei den Grammys (31.01.) will er erneut mit ihr performen, wie aktuelle Medien berichten. Und das schon nächste Woche bei einer AIDS-Gala in New York. Bei der Veranstaltung wird Elton John aber nicht nur auf der Bühne stehen, sondern auch einen Preis für seinen Kampf gegen die Immunschwächekrankheit entgegennehmen.

Lady GaGa und Elton John performten bei den Grammys übrigens erst ihren Song "Spechless", und danach seinen Track "Your Song".

Elton, My Elusive Drug

MissEltonJohn Offline

02.02.2010 16:57
#956 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

JUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU =)=)=)

Torge Meyer Offline

02.02.2010 22:36
#957 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

@Lars:
Danke für das nette Gespräch und das Konzert in Rotterdam!

Gruß

Rocket Girls Offline

03.02.2010 12:39
#958 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Eben haben wir das Bild gefunden.
Es ist von den Proben zum Grammy Auftritt von Elton und Lady Gaga.

Angefügte Bilder:
 6a00d8341c730253ef0128773aa756970c-800wi.jpg 
Torge Meyer Offline

03.02.2010 17:04
#959 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Schaut mal auf diese Seite. Dort sind ganz tolle Konzertberichte.
Übrigens sind auch ein paar Bilder von Dir Tamara vorhanden.
Schaut mal:
http://peachtree-road.tripod.com/

ejfan Offline

03.02.2010 19:54
#960 RE: Sonstiges Antworten

Das ist die schweizer Fanseite!! Super Arbeit, Marcel!!!!!!!

Seiten 1 | ... 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | ... 194
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz