Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 553 mal aufgerufen
 Das neue eltonjohnfan.de Forum
Pinky Offline

22.08.2012 16:05
Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Soll Anfang 2013 erscheinen
http://www.amazon.de/Tin-Pan-Alley-Rise-...45643825&sr=1-1

Die Beschreibung aus Amazon klingt vielversprechend. Ich hoffe, das Buch kann es auch halten:
Tin Pan Alley: The Rise of Elton John takes readers on an epic journey through the music of the 60s and 70s via the early career of Elton John. It explores the close knit community that was the music business in the UK, the changes within Tin Pan Alley and the emergence of Elton John through the eyes of those who not only watched Elton's rising star from the wings, but also knew him out of the spotlight. With first-time access to many of Elton's bandmates, producers and managers, the book recounts Elton's rise and details the never told before circumstances that led to Elton's early years at DJM with the likes of Caleb Quayle and what it was like to work inside the DJM studios. Although no book on Elton John can ever overlook how Elton hooked up with Bernie Taupin, it has never been told as it is here, through the words of Elton's first songwriting partner, Kirk Duncan and Ray Williams, Elton's first Manager. It also describes the recording sessions of such iconic albums as Tumbleweed Connection, Madman Across the Water, Honky Chateau, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and the influence Gus Dudgeon had on Elton's early sound - all told through exclusive author interviews with those who were there in the studios working on the albums. Over 40 people were interviewed include Kiki Dee, Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Mick Inkpen, Rick Wakeman, film director Bryan Forbes. Some of the most enlightening interviews though are with 'ordinary' people, such as Elton's first piano tutor at the Royal Academy of Music. With two picture sections compiled from never-before-seen photographs from the private collections of the author interviewees, which are among the most unique photographs ever seen of Elton - Tin Pan Alley: The Birth of Elton John is the only humorous, dramatic, serious and collectible biography of Elton John's early years from 1964 to 1979 that dares to get up close and personal to Elton's private and public life more than any other book - past, present or future!

------------------------
Back to the howling old owl in the woods , hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies beyond the yellow brick road...

ejfan Offline

22.08.2012 22:09
#2 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Cool!! Danke für die Info!

Rocket Girls Offline

25.09.2012 15:39
#3 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Laut Amazon.com soll es am 31. Januar 2013 erscheinen und soll so aussehen:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0957144202/ref=...tmpl%3Dviewnews

Elton John - How wonderful life is while you're in the world

MissEltonJohn Offline

12.10.2012 16:51
#4 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

ooooh, wunderschönes Cover :)

eltn!

Pinky Offline

14.10.2012 11:07
#5 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Leider ist der Verlag nicht auf der Buchmesse, ich hätte gestern gerne mal geschaut, ob man sich das Buch schon vorab anschauen kann.

------------------------

ejfan Offline

04.01.2013 19:26
#6 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Jetzt heißt's bei dem Buch "Erscheinungstermin: 5. Januar 2013" MORGEN!! Werde die Bestellung auf Amazon mal wagen.....

ejfan Offline

25.05.2013 09:41
#7 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Nun ist ENDLICH die Versandbestätigung gekommen.

Pinky Offline

25.05.2013 15:40
#8 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten

Bei mir gestern. Herrje, bin ich gespannt...

------------------------

ejfan Offline

29.05.2013 19:05
#9 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten
Das schreibt u. a. der Autor über das Buch:
This is primarily a book about the man's Music, so you won't find too much in the way of gossip of the 'sex and drugs and rock'n'roll' School, unless it is relevant to the making of the Music.
Allein das hat mir schon so sehr zugesagt, dass ich noch begeisterter ans Lesen ran ging. Und bisher hab ich auch keinen einzigen Cent der gut 20 Euro Buchkosten bereut (anders als dieser Mark Bego-Klatsch/Quatsch). Unbedingte Kaufempfehlung!!
Pinky Offline

29.05.2013 20:47
#10 RE: Tin Pan Alley - Neues Buch über Elton Antworten
Hab' bisher nur mal kurz in die eine oder andere Seite rein geschmökert, aber es klingt schon sehr vielversprechend. Ich glaube, DAS DA wird sehr interessant werden. :)

------------------------

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz