Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 819 mal aufgerufen
 Das neue eltonjohnfan.de Forum
Rocket Offline

19.11.2014 22:02
Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Interview mit Kim Bullard, Keyboarder der Elton John Band, vom 19. November 2014
Kurz vor den nächsten vier Konzerten n Deutschland konnten wir in kleines Interview mit Kim Bullard machen. Hier könnt Ihr unter anderem nachlesen wie Kim Mitglied der Elton John Band wurde, was er ganz besonders an Deutschland mag und warum Eiswürfel genau so gut fliegen können wie Hähnchen.

ltonjohn-fan.de:
Hello Kim,

you are five years in the Elton John Band and you played round
about 500 shows with Elton. Is there a Special Concert you will always have to
think of?

Kim Bullard:
The Queens Jubilee... mostly because I saw the sense of national pride coming
from Elton himself, and from the audience for Elton.

And it was spectacular to walk up and down the hallway of the
dressing rooms and have the opportunity to chat with Paul McCartney, Stevie
Wonder, Annie Lennox, Tom Jones, and so many others. The Royal family had us
over for a private reception in Buckingham Palace after the show. You just don’t
get to do that everyday!

eltonjohn-fan.de:
How did you come to join the Elton John Band in 2009?

Kim Bullard:
After the untimely passing of Guy Babylon, the Elton John band
was looking for a keyboardist, and my name came up to them through mutual
friends. My phone rang a few days later, and the caller i.d. said “Johnstone.”
Of course, everyone, including myself, knows and loves Davey Johnstone, so I
knew who was on the phone before I said hello. He explained what was happening,
and I let him know that I would do anything I could to help out, and we just
took it from there.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Kim, how did Elton take notice of you and how was your first
meeting with him?

Kim Bullard:
I met Elton backstage at my first concert in Moscow, but he had
called a few days prior to my hotel room in London... he was welcoming; we spoke
about Atlanta, where I am from and where he has a house, and told me he couldn’t
wait to see me and give me a hug. It was a great phone call.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Are you lookin forward to play in Germany next week? And what do
you think about the German fans?

Kim Bullard:
I lived in Germany for a while, working on a music score for a
film, and feel quite at home there. I have a lot of German friends, and have
many great memories of being there. I appreciate how Germany has made unpopular
political decisions in the past to achieve a long term goal, and how well the
country is working now because of those choices. Too many politicians make
decisions based on the next election cycle, while. from my perspective, Germany
had the vision to handle these monumental transitions in a way that is positive
for the German people. I have a lot of respect for that.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Do you have time to go out and visit the Cities that you play
when you are on tour in Germany?

Kim Bullard:From
time to time, it depends on scheduling.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Is there something special you like in Germany. Maybe the german
food or the the german people?

Kim Bullard:Actually,
the forests in Germany resonate with me.... I grew up in Georgia, which shares a
similar topography, so I like walking around the beautiful forests of Germany.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Do you have a special ritual before going on stage?

Kim Bullard:
Before the show, Elton comes in to our dressing room and catches
up with everybody... you probably know he is one of the funniest people on the
planet, so we have a few laughs, and then walk out onstage.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Do you have any Elton CDs in your CD-Rack?

Kim Bullard:I
don’t have a CD rack, but I have a lot of Elton on vinyl.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
What do you do in your freetime to recover you from tour stress?

Kim Bullard:I
really do not have much free time... when I am not touring with Elton, I
continue to work as a studio musician in Los Angeles. I do manage to work in
some yoga from time to time.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Does your family support you in your musical Carier?

Kim Bullard:
yes.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
How is it for you, at once to stand in the spotlight with a
superstar Like Elton John?

Kim Bullard:
The band and I share the stage with an icon, so we know it is not
really about us, it is about him. I lend my musical abilities to support his
brilliance. It is an honor, of course, to be a part of his music every night. I
am continually in awe of his ability to spontaneously improvise cohesive
compositions on stage, live, in front of an audience... those are the special
moments for me. There are times in every show where he is flying without a net;
it is always interesting to see where he lands, and see how we collectively jump
back in.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
How is it like to be on tour the whole year? Does it exhaust you
sometimes or or do you enjoy it always?

Kim Bullard:
Sometimes is seems like there is not a healthy balance, however,
as a musician, this is what we do.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Do you have any other ongoing projects at the moment, for example
with the band?

Kim Bullard:
Yes, the band is currently working in the studio with Elton on
new projects. Those sessions are going quite well. I am also co-producing some
great new tracks for Katy Rose. You can catch a glimpse of her on
Katyrosemusic.com,
or on Facebook, at
https://www.facebook.com/KatyRoseMusicOFFICIAL.

eltonjohn-fan.de:
Can you tell us a funny story about you and Elton? I think about
flying Chicken with John Mahon

Kim Bullard:
I don’t know about the flying chicken.... I will have to ask John
about that.

The other night, when I least expected it, between songs Elton
clobbered me with ice cubes. He knew he had totally caught me off guard, which
he thought was so funny that he could not even introduce the next song. There
are REALLY funny things that happen all the time, but you will have to wait for
the book to read those stories : )

Elton John - He´s been touching our hearts!

DanDare Offline

19.11.2014 22:13
#2 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Einfach nur herrlich: "There are times in every show where he is flying without a net;
it is always interesting to see where he lands, and see how we collectively jump
back in."

Vielen Dank!!

Rocket Offline

19.11.2014 22:14
#3 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Bitte Dan Dare!

ejfan Offline

20.11.2014 06:07
#4 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Schließe mich an, danke für dieses klasse Interview!
"The band and I share the stage with an icon, so we know it is not really about us, it is about him." Daran sollten einige Band-besessene Fans mal von Zeit zu Zeit erinnert werden.

Pinky Offline

20.11.2014 08:44
#5 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Klasse Interview mit coolen Fragen and coolen Antworten, herzlichen Dank, Ralf! Kim weiß seinen Job zu würdigen, das merkt man, und das ist ihm so hoch anzurechnen. Neues Projekt mit Band im Studio? Buch? Sollte da noch das eine oder andere Vielversprechende auf uns warten? :)

Ich habe das Interview mal auf FB in meine Elton John Hooligans-Gruppe geteilt.

------------------------
My(very quick) Quicksand

TammyEltonFan Offline

20.11.2014 13:54
#6 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Da kann ich mich nur anschließen!!! Klasse gemacht, Ralf!!!!

Elton, My Elusive Drug

Rocket Girls Offline

20.11.2014 19:10
#7 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Doch......wirklich ein tolles Interview, Ralf :)

Elton John - How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Rocket Offline

21.11.2014 18:00
#8 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Vielen Dank!
Es war die Idee von Nadine das Interview vor der Deutschland-Tour zu machen. Der Großteil der Fragen ist von Ihr
Also geb ich das Lob mal weiter an meinen Schatz. !

Bald kommt das Interview mit Paul Buckmaster!

Pinky Offline

21.11.2014 18:55
#9 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Klasse Fragen, Daumen hoch, Nadine. :)

------------------------
My(very quick) Quicksand

hobo Offline

16.03.2015 08:24
#10 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten
ejfan Offline

17.03.2015 19:15
#11 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Danke für den Link! Interviews mit Kim, John oder Matt machen richtig Spaß zu lesen:) Auf jeden Fall x-mal mehr als die mit Davey oder Nigel, die sich meiner Meinung nach manchmal ein bisschen zu wichtig nehmen (so auch Nigel's letztens).

Rocket Offline

05.06.2016 13:45
#12 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Rechtzeitig zur Deutschlandtournee habe ich mal wieder ein aktuelles Band Mitglied für ein kurzes Interview gewinnen können. Hier könnt Ihgr unter anderem nachlesen, was Kim über den Anfang eines Konzertes denkt, wie eine Setlist entsteht, über seine Kontakte zu den Fans und vieles mehr!
Viel Spass!

eltonjohn-fan.de: Kim, you are now nearly 7 years ín the Elton John Band. What can you tell us about the time with the band?
Kim Bullard: Its gone by fast! I can’t believe its already been that long.

eltonjohn-fan.de:The first tunes in an Elton John concert are coming from your keyboard. What do you feel when Elton walks on stage to the tntro of Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding? Do you get goosebumbs?
Kim Bullard: I don’t know of another opener from any band that is more dramatic than Funeral into Love Lies Bleeding…. I feel like we start our show where a lot of acts finish. I can appreciate how it must look and sound from the audience viewpoint, and I understand your ‘goosebump’ comment, but it is different thing standing where I stand. As much as I enjoy the drama of that piece, I am not seeing it as a member of the audience. I focus on what I am doing… mostly because over the last year or so, Elton decided to keep the stage absolutely black during my intro, having the lights finally come on when he plays the first chord, after he sits down at the piano. This makes for good theater, but unless we are outside and it is still light out, this leaves me literally in the dark to play that whole intro. I am Stevie Wonder up there, playing blind; I can’t see anything. There is a lot happening on that intro, it is tricky to make it sound right, especially when you can’t see your hands or feet (I use pedals to pull sounds in and out on that intro), so I am paying attention to what I am doing; I’m not getting caught up in the excitement of the show. Also, Elton makes it a point to catch up with everyone before a show, comes to the dressing room to hang out, to see what everyone has been up to, so its not a surprise when he comes out on stage, because we have just been talking. Actually, come to think of it, I would get goosebumps if he DIDN’T come out on stage…. that would be kind of thrilling… figuring out what to do next!! Our whole day revolves around doing a show, so as we wait offstage for the lights to go down, we get a little worked up in our own individual ways; not nervous, just anxious to get up there and do what we do…like race horses love to run, we like what we do.

eltonjohn-fan.de: In Tel Aviy Elton and the band played 27 Songs and in that 3 songs from Wonderful Crazy Night. Is this the final Setlist for the European Summer Tour 2016 or are there any changes planed?
Kim Bullard: It is hard to make a set list because there are so many epic songs that he has to include, in order to not disappoint people. We could do an entirely separate show with songs he leaves out that would be an incredible show. But to answer your question, yes, I believe the set list will change up a bit. He has already shifted some things around, while we were on stage, so I think he wants to shift the set around.

eltonjohn-fan.de: You have many contacts to Elton fans during the touring. We often see pictures with you and Elton fans in the social media. What doés it mean to have so many contacts?
Kim Bullard: It simply means that I say hello to fans when approached. If it was not for fans, we would not get to do what we do, so in a real way, the fans are the boss, and deserve to be treated well. The Elton John touring organization is probably the top of its kind. The people who work in this organization are all ambassadors to Elton. People we come in contact with, the drivers, bellmen, our flight crew, the backstage organizers, etc, always comment on what a good group we have. Its ‘top down’ mentality… we are treated well by Elton, so in turn, we treat others well, and that includes fans. I regret when I cannot say hello sometimes, or respond to things. There is limited time around a show for us. We have a lot to do… while a fan is enjoying a night out, it is a work day for us, so it can be hard to spend time with people, but we try.

eltonjohn-fan.de: Wonderful Crazy Night was the first Elton John Album you be part of. What it´s like to work with Elton in the Studio?
Kim Bullard: You have to go with your gut and not overthink things when working with him, because he likes to move quickly, which is a lot of fun. I worked very hard on a Broadway musical with him before we went in to to the album, which was more orchestration and programming on a bunch of demos. But what was great about the Wonderful Crazy Night experience was that was the first time I worked with Elton, plus the whole band, plus T-Bone Burnett. The band has so many miles together as musicians that we have a certain kind of intuition with each other. It’s a gift to bring that into the studio, to cut stuff live, all playing at the same time.

eltonjohn-fan.de: Your favorite Song from Wonderful Crazy Night is?
Kim Bullard: It was one that didn’t make it on the record.. Children’s Song, I think it was called. It might show up on a special release somewhere. It ultimately did not fit in with the other songs, but it really touched me somehow…I love my kids more than anything, and a song that is written with a humble tone, from a parent to a child, connects with me in a big way at this point in my life. Do you have any private contacts to Elton or the other band members?

eltonjohn-fan.de: Do you do something togehter when you have free time?
Kim Bullard: During time off Elton stays in touch, sends funny emails, stuff like that. We spend more time together traveling, as a band, than we do with our own families, so the time we have with our actual families is extremely precious; we like to pay attention to our loved ones when we are not working. If I happen to have some music work I need done during the time off from Elton, I will call my bandmates for help. There is no one else I would rather work with than these guys. They are all great musicians, and are always up to work on other music projects, so I will see them in that capacity, or for a dinner gathering or something like that. I have run into our road manager at a yoga class in LA before, and I enjoy that. The ‘home’ family and the ‘road’ family can be quite disparate. Integrating and connecting those two worlds makes the traveling life easier.

eltonjohn-fan.de: Kim, we say Thank You! for this wonderful Interview!

DanDare Offline

13.06.2016 21:58
#13 RE: Interview mit Kim Bullard Antworten

Wow, das klingt alles unglaublich spannend und interessant.
Gerne hätte ich noch gewusst, ob wir in Zukunft häufiger damit rechnen müssen, dass er auch einmal ein wenig Gitarre spielt (wie bei Guilty Pleasure).
Riesendank für dieses Interview!

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz