Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 391 Antworten
und wurde 12.560 mal aufgerufen
 Elton John Live
Seiten 1 | ... 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27
Pinky Offline

10.11.2013 10:41
#361 RE: Elton Antworten

Your Sister Can't Twist - Oh Gott, Elton, lass das bitte bitte bitte drin! Vollkommen sinnloses Rumspringen ist immer das Schönste bei Elton-Konzerten!

Und hier möchte ich noch eine Review von Ollie Newman von FB mit Euch teilen, einfach weil sie großartig, ausführlich und begeisternd ist, und es fast unmöglich macht, bis nächstes Jahr zu warten...

* Walk-in Music; "The Diving Board" CD - (*First time I've ever heard an Artist's entire current album played as walk-in music. The album's cover was also pictured on the screens)

* 2 Cellos took to the stage at 8:05pm and perform "Smooth Criminal" & "Just Like Teen Spirit" before EJ & Band came on

1) Funeral For A Friend / Love Lies Bleeding - (*First time since 1982 that the stage is covered in dry ice fog and spotlights do not come on until Elton plays the first chord)
2) Bennie And The Jets - (*With call and response at the close, audience screaming "Bennie" back at Elton)
3) Candle In The Wind
---Elton speaks for the first time, after singing the entire first side of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album---
4) Grey Seal
5) Levon
6) Tiny Dancer - (*Chandelier lighting lowers for first time in the evening)
7) Holiday Inn
Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters
9) Believe
10) Philadelphia Freedom
11) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
12) Rocket Man - (*Chandelier rises back up during the song)
13) Hey Ahab - (*This song from "The Union" continues to be a crowd favorite and rocks the house)
14) I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
---Elton takes a porkpie hat from an audience member and wears it so he can take Elton's picture in it. When the security guard tries to stop the guy from coming forward, Elton yells at the guard to sit his ass down and allow the guy to come forward, to the audiences delight!---
15) The One - (Solo)
16) Oceans Away - (Solo with Nigel, John Mahon & back-up singers singing harmonies) - (*This song went down extremely well. You could hear a pin drop and there was no rush to the concession stands. Elton dedicated it to all the men & women who fought for our freedom in the first two great wars)
17) Voyeur - (*After apologizing for singing new unfamiliar songs, he began by saying "This ones about my sex life"!) - (Live, this song is much funkier than on the album)
18) Someone Saved My Life Tonight
19) Sad Songs (Say So Much) - (*Elton played a phenomenal right-handed only piano solo during the instrumental break)
20) All The Girls Love Alice
--- Band Introductions ---
21) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
---Audience rushes stage---
22) I'm Still Standing
23) The Bitch Is Back
24) Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n Roll) - (*Davey has been trying for over 20 years to get this song in the setlist and it works like a charm!)
25) Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - (*Again, for the first time in years, Elton did a call-and-response like the old days, having the audience sing "Saturday, Saturday, Saturday Nights Alright" back to him)

--- Encores ---

26) Your Song
27) Crocodile Rock

Notes:
Elton was in exceptional voice (A concern as he announced he was having trouble early on during Friday night's opening show of the tour). He was also in a great mood, improvising throughout, reworking songs and interacting one-on-one with those in the first two rows throughout the entire show. (Pausing for photos, speaking directly to fans, etc.)

He was also wearing a beautiful new suit that had "The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album made of sequins on the back of the jacket with yellow brick roads going up and down each sleeve. (I have not seen this outfit before and as they are beginning the 40th anniversary celebrations of this albums release, I'm assuming it's new)

For the first time in years there is new staging. While not as elaborate as some from the 1980's and early 90's it's impressive all the same with some new twists. The stage floor is a shiny mostly black plexiglass type flooring, parts of of which is translucent, allowing the higher-up seats to see right through it. There is subtle gold touches throughout, (Band risers are trimmed as are Davey's baffles on his amps along with a suggested "Yellow Brick Road") The light curtain that has been used for the past ten years is gone and replaced with an elevated floor at the back of the stage. This is outlined in a gold circle which follows through on the main stage floor ("The Yellow Brick Road") The entire structure is surrounded by Intelligent Lighting and the elevated floor doubles as a video screen. It is here that videos are shown (Several from "The Million Dollar Piano" as well as new graphics and the occasional live shots of Elton's hands playing the keyboard)

The lighting grid is all new, comprised of a large circular grid and at its center an enormous chandelier, made up of a couple thousand individual teardrop led lights that change colors and patterns throughout. It also lowers and raises throughout the show, changing shapes and providing different effects.

My only complaints regard the new album tracks. First of all, Elton cut "Home Again" on Saturday! How do you not play your current single especially since it went down so well on opening night? (I have a feeling that he planned to do it as the final encore number on this night as the backup singers came on stage during the encore numbers which they do not sing on, and remained sitting on their chairs throughout. When he left the stage following "Crocodile Rock" they looked rather confused before exiting.)

The other complaint is that he didn't do any of the up-tempo songs (Like "Oscar Wilde Gets Out," "Mexican Vacation," "Ballad Of Blind Tom," etc.) choosing instead to do only ballads. That said, the ballads that he did play ("Oceans Away" & "Voyeur") went down extremely well and Davey and the Bands treatment of these songs is better in my opinion than they are on the album itself. (I felt the same with their approach to "The Union" tracks a few years back as well. Apart from "Hey Ahab" which is fantastic live, I liked how they performed the ballads live better, so maybe they felt the same with these?) I have no idea, I just wish they had done more from "The Diving Board" and chosen to include more uptempo tracks.

------------------------
Back to the howling old owl in the woods , hunting the horny back toad
Oh I\'ve finally decided my future lies beyond the yellow brick road...

marc Offline

10.11.2013 11:29
#362 RE: Elton Antworten

[quote="Pinky"|p23578]Your Sister Can't Twist - Oh Gott, Elton, lass das bitte bitte bitte drin! Vollkommen sinnloses Rumspringen ist immer das Schönste bei Elton-Konzerten!

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

Liiischen2307 Offline

10.11.2013 12:04
#363 RE: Elton Antworten

einfach nur meeeeega genial :) ooooooooooooooooooooooh biiitte lass den song drin :) :) :)

ejfan Offline

10.11.2013 13:41
#364 RE: Elton Antworten

Fand (und tu's immer noch) Your Sister Can't Twist auf der Platte immer doof, aaaaber live.... Schließ mich euch an, auch haben will nächstes Jahr!!!!!:)

Allerdings: Widerspruch zum Bericht. Album-Voyeur ist und bleibt ungeschlagen:

Elton klingt da zwar super, aber insgesamt viel zu dick aufgetragen. 2:0 für die Album-Version ;D

marc Offline

10.11.2013 16:42
#365 RE: Elton Antworten

ich bin ja sonst immer gernefür chor/background-sänger zu haben aber in dem falle passt da an der ein oder anderen stelle was nicht so ganz finde ich

hobo Offline

10.11.2013 20:59
#366 RE: Elton Antworten

Zitat von Pinky im Beitrag #361
Your Sister Can't Twist - Oh Gott, Elton, lass das bitte bitte bitte drin! Vollkommen sinnloses Rumspringen ist immer das Schönste bei Elton-Konzerten!

Und hier möchte ich noch eine Review von Ollie Newman von FB mit Euch teilen, einfach weil sie großartig, ausführlich und begeisternd ist, und es fast unmöglich macht, bis nächstes Jahr zu warten...

* Walk-in Music; "The Diving Board" CD - (*First time I've ever heard an Artist's entire current album played as walk-in music. The album's cover was also pictured on the screens)

* 2 Cellos took to the stage at 8:05pm and perform "Smooth Criminal" & "Just Like Teen Spirit" before EJ & Band came on

1) Funeral For A Friend / Love Lies Bleeding - (*First time since 1982 that the stage is covered in dry ice fog and spotlights do not come on until Elton plays the first chord)
2) Bennie And The Jets - (*With call and response at the close, audience screaming "Bennie" back at Elton)
3) Candle In The Wind
---Elton speaks for the first time, after singing the entire first side of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album---
4) Grey Seal
5) Levon
6) Tiny Dancer - (*Chandelier lighting lowers for first time in the evening)
7) Holiday Inn
Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters
9) Believe
10) Philadelphia Freedom
11) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
12) Rocket Man - (*Chandelier rises back up during the song)
13) Hey Ahab - (*This song from "The Union" continues to be a crowd favorite and rocks the house)
14) I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
---Elton takes a porkpie hat from an audience member and wears it so he can take Elton's picture in it. When the security guard tries to stop the guy from coming forward, Elton yells at the guard to sit his ass down and allow the guy to come forward, to the audiences delight!---
15) The One - (Solo)
16) Oceans Away - (Solo with Nigel, John Mahon & back-up singers singing harmonies) - (*This song went down extremely well. You could hear a pin drop and there was no rush to the concession stands. Elton dedicated it to all the men & women who fought for our freedom in the first two great wars)
17) Voyeur - (*After apologizing for singing new unfamiliar songs, he began by saying "This ones about my sex life"!) - (Live, this song is much funkier than on the album)
18) Someone Saved My Life Tonight
19) Sad Songs (Say So Much) - (*Elton played a phenomenal right-handed only piano solo during the instrumental break)
20) All The Girls Love Alice
--- Band Introductions ---
21) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
---Audience rushes stage---
22) I'm Still Standing
23) The Bitch Is Back
24) Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n Roll) - (*Davey has been trying for over 20 years to get this song in the setlist and it works like a charm!)
25) Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - (*Again, for the first time in years, Elton did a call-and-response like the old days, having the audience sing "Saturday, Saturday, Saturday Nights Alright" back to him)

--- Encores ---

26) Your Song
27) Crocodile Rock

Notes:
Elton was in exceptional voice (A concern as he announced he was having trouble early on during Friday night's opening show of the tour). He was also in a great mood, improvising throughout, reworking songs and interacting one-on-one with those in the first two rows throughout the entire show. (Pausing for photos, speaking directly to fans, etc.)

He was also wearing a beautiful new suit that had "The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album made of sequins on the back of the jacket with yellow brick roads going up and down each sleeve. (I have not seen this outfit before and as they are beginning the 40th anniversary celebrations of this albums release, I'm assuming it's new)

For the first time in years there is new staging. While not as elaborate as some from the 1980's and early 90's it's impressive all the same with some new twists. The stage floor is a shiny mostly black plexiglass type flooring, parts of of which is translucent, allowing the higher-up seats to see right through it. There is subtle gold touches throughout, (Band risers are trimmed as are Davey's baffles on his amps along with a suggested "Yellow Brick Road") The light curtain that has been used for the past ten years is gone and replaced with an elevated floor at the back of the stage. This is outlined in a gold circle which follows through on the main stage floor ("The Yellow Brick Road") The entire structure is surrounded by Intelligent Lighting and the elevated floor doubles as a video screen. It is here that videos are shown (Several from "The Million Dollar Piano" as well as new graphics and the occasional live shots of Elton's hands playing the keyboard)

The lighting grid is all new, comprised of a large circular grid and at its center an enormous chandelier, made up of a couple thousand individual teardrop led lights that change colors and patterns throughout. It also lowers and raises throughout the show, changing shapes and providing different effects.

My only complaints regard the new album tracks. First of all, Elton cut "Home Again" on Saturday! How do you not play your current single especially since it went down so well on opening night? (I have a feeling that he planned to do it as the final encore number on this night as the backup singers came on stage during the encore numbers which they do not sing on, and remained sitting on their chairs throughout. When he left the stage following "Crocodile Rock" they looked rather confused before exiting.)

The other complaint is that he didn't do any of the up-tempo songs (Like "Oscar Wilde Gets Out," "Mexican Vacation," "Ballad Of Blind Tom," etc.) choosing instead to do only ballads. That said, the ballads that he did play ("Oceans Away" & "Voyeur") went down extremely well and Davey and the Bands treatment of these songs is better in my opinion than they are on the album itself. (I felt the same with their approach to "The Union" tracks a few years back as well. Apart from "Hey Ahab" which is fantastic live, I liked how they performed the ballads live better, so maybe they felt the same with these?) I have no idea, I just wish they had done more from "The Diving Board" and chosen to include more uptempo tracks.

das ist ja ne richtig geile nummer live, hoffentlich bleibt das drin...

Squonk Offline

13.11.2013 11:27
#367 RE: Elton Antworten

Oh Mann. Ich will genau diese Setlist nächstes Jahr in Mainz hören... Das ist doch einfach perfekt...
Holiday Inn, Mona Lisas, Believe, The One, Voyeur, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, Alice, Home Again... und die üblichen Verdächtigen.
Können wir nicht einfach die Zeit vorstellen? :)

Meine Konzertberichte:
sometimesentangledinyourowndreams.wordpress.com/

JumpUp ( Gast )
09.12.2013 13:30
#368 RE: Elton Antworten

Ich schätze mal, dass dies eine der längsten Shows ist, die EJ in den letzten Jahren gespielt hat. 30! Songs:

http://www.eltonfan.net/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EFlyVZAlpVxzHbhMWb&style=Default%20News%20Style&tmpl=viewnews

Funeral For A Friend
Love Lies Bleeding
Bennie And The Jets
Candle In The Wind
Grey Seal
Levon
Tiny Dancer
Holiday Inn
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Believe
Philadelphia Freedom
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
Hey Ahab
I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
Nikita
Oceans Away
Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Sad Songs (Say So Much)
All The Girls Love Alice
Home Again
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
I'm Still Standing
The Bitch Is Back
Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n Roll)
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Your Song
Crocodile Rock
Circle Of Life
Can You Feel The Love Tonight

marc Offline

09.12.2013 16:44
#369 RE: Elton Antworten

aber schon nicht schlecht

mal sehen wie es in paris läuft

Pinky Offline

10.12.2013 08:23
#370 RE: Elton Antworten

VIER Zugaben? Oh Mann, da hat er aber gar nicht genug gekriegt diesmal, hm? OK, nicht meine bevorzugte Auswahl, aber ... HEEEEYYY!!!

------------------------
Oh I've finally decided my future lies beyond the yellow brick road...

EltonJohnFan Offline

10.12.2013 15:24
#371 RE: Elton Antworten

Die gestrige Setlist von Paris :

The Bitch is back
Bennie and the Jet
Grey Seal
Levon
Tiny Dancer 
Holiday Inn 
Believe 
Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters 
Philadelphia Freedom 
Candle in the Wind 
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 
Rocket Man 
Hey Ahab 
I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues 
Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding 
Take Me to the Pilot 
All the Girls Love Alice 
Sad Songs 
Daniel 
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word 
The One 
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me 
I'm Still Standing 
Crocodile Rock 
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting 
Encore:Your Song 

Wieder eine gute alte Europa-Setlist ^^

Pinky Offline

10.12.2013 16:15
#372 RE: Elton Antworten

Öh... Mit nicht einem einzigen neuen Lied? Das kann doch gar nicht stimmen. Das wäre ja fürchterlich! :(

------------------------

EltonJohnFan Offline

10.12.2013 17:09
#373 RE: Elton Antworten

Ich hab das auf so einer bestimmten Seite gefunden. Ich kann natürlich nichts garantieren...hab aber auf Youtube ein Video von Your Song gesehen,wo er danach noch was angestimmt hat,also hat sichs wohl jemand mit der Setlist leicht gemacht. So nach dem Motto :"Wird schon stimmen.Der spielt doch eh immer das gleiche."

Pinky Offline

10.12.2013 18:21
#374 RE: Elton Antworten

Das postete gerade wer bei FB:
1/ Funeral for a friend / love lies bleeding
2/ Bennie and the jets
3/ Candle in the wind
4/ Grey seal
5/ Levon
6/ Tiny Dancer
7/ Holiday Inn
8/ Sorry seems to be the hardest word
9/ Believe
10/ Philadelphia freedom
11/ Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
12/ Rocket man (i think it’s going to be a long long time)
13/ Hey Ahab
14/ I guess that’s why they call it the blues
15/ The One
16/ Oceans away
17/ Someone saved my life tonight
18/ Sad songs (say so much)
19/ All the girls love alice
20/ Home again
21/ Don’t let the sun go down on me
22/ I’m still standing
23/ The bitch is back
24/ Your sister can’t twist (but she can rock’n’roll)
25/ Saturday night’s alright for fighting
26/ Your song
27/ Crocodile rock

------------------------

EltonJohnFan Offline

10.12.2013 18:25
#375 RE: Elton Antworten

Ja, dann wird das die richtige Setlist sein

Seiten 1 | ... 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz